Many of the 15,000 we serve each year fall into the categories that the Center for Disease Control
considers at risk to contract the Coronavirus (Covid-19). Their health and safety, as well as that of our staff, are of upmost importance to us. Therefore, we are making adjustments as we receive new information regarding the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic to ensure the people we serve and their families are safe during this time.
Although we are continuing all operations at this time, we are limiting access, visitations and outings at our residential re-entry centers, housing locations, and intellectual and developmental disabilities programs. Staff who work at our senior housing sites are limiting their interactions with clients to reduce the risk of spreading the virus unknowingly. We are coordinating the schedules of all of our more than 330 employees to ensure we have adequate coverage and are working safely.
Throughout our 100 year history, Volunteers of America Texas has continued to serve the most vulnerable. While this is a new challenge, we have dedicated staff and resources to sustain our services throughout this pandemic.
For questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Grants and Awards (August 14, 2020)
- $50,000 Lockheed Martin/Bell Helicopter (United Way)
- $10,000 Rainwater (United Way)
- $5,000 Texas Women's Foundation
- $110,000 Humana (VOA National Initiative)
- $50,000 North Texas Cares COVID19 Fund -United Way Dallas County and Tarrant County
- $200,000 Texas Veterans Commission – Mental Health Grant
- $10,000 Niagara Operation Back Pack Grant (VOA National Initiative)
- $785,565 Greater Houston Community Foundation - Harris County COVID19 Relief
- $200,000 Houston United Way COVID19 Fund
- $200,000 Texas Veterans Commission – Client Assistance Grant
- $100,000 Niagara Grant (VOA Nat’l Initiative)
- $30,000 Futures Fund Grant (VOA Nat’l Initiative)
- $215,000 The Home Depot Foundation (VOA Nat'l Initiative)
- $10,000 LISC Truist
- $10,000 LISC Metlife
- $20,000 LISC Wells Fargo
- $15,000 SA Communities Foundation COVID19 Fund