If you were previously incarcerated, the Dallas Re-entry Career Pathways Program can help you obtain living wage employment by addressing common barriers such as lower levels of education, limited job skills, and few vocational opportunities.
Taylor Galvan, Employment Specialist
The VOA Texas Dallas Re-entry Career Pathways Program addresses barriers to successful reentry such as low job skills, educational deficits, and few vocational opportunities. The center provides job skills training and workforce support to help reduce recidivism.
Service Area: Greater Dallas
Eligibility: These services are for adults who previously have been incarcerated. It does not matter when / how long ago the incarceration took place.
- Assessments and Case Management- You’re not looking for any old job, you need a job that pays a living wage using your skills (and ideally interests) with a career track. We administer the top career interest and job readiness tests to inform an Individual Career Plan (ICP) and Individual Service Plans (ISPs) customized for you.
- Financial Services- Address your financial problems, reach your financial goals, and plan for financial stability using our financial education and individual coaching services. We’ll even help connect you to quality financial service providers.
- Employment Services- We work with local employers to identify and develop employment and training opportunities for those with criminal records, so that once you are trained, you have places to interview. Staff also provide job-readiness courses to help with confidence and allow you to present yourself in the best light.
- Vocational Training and Education- Take advantage of basic education, prepare for your GED, and develop workplace skills through our collaborations with Dallas College, Workforce Solutions, and Texas Workforce. Available trainings include:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Culinary, Roofing Installation
- Facilities, Maintenance
- IT Programming
- Business Services
Contact: Taylor Galvan
Dallas Pathways Employment Specialist
In partnership with: