Volunteers of America Texas
A Ministry of Service to Humanity
Volunteers of America Texas is a faith-based, nonprofit organization that lifts the most vulnerable in society out of the shadows. We step forward to help individuals find strength, healing and their full potential through services, including:
- Addiction treatment, prevention and recovery programs
- Affordable housing for seniors, low-income families and adults with disabilities
- Community re-entry programs from those transitioning from prison
- Housing and support for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- A continuum of support services to assist our clients and address the needs of the whole person
With locations in more than 30 urban and rural communities, we've been making a difference for those who need the most help in Texas for close to 100 years.
Volunteers: What's in a name?
Based on our name, you might assume our organization is led by or dedicated to managing volunteers. Instead, we are a volunteer organization in the most traditional sense of the word that our founders knew in the 1800s. “To volunteer" in those days meant any individual willing to step forward to serve, whether a paid employee or a volunteer giving time in today's sense.
Today, Volunteers of America Texas has more than 300 employees leading and serving in social service programs across the state, supported by the generous donations of time and money from caring, concerned individuals in the communities we serve.
Volunteers of America Texas is a faith-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the vulnerable reach their full potential.
- To engender a commitment to our mission through our visionary, proactive, accountable and responsible leadership for those we serve
- To be viewed as the premier, highest quality human services provider in the communities we serve
- To continue to develop and implement the most innovative and high quality programs and services that improve the emotional, spiritual and physical quality of life for those we serve as well as our entire organization
- That those served by Volunteers of America Texas will in turn serve others
- To engage the broader communities we serve in using their time, talents and resources to join us in our ministry of service
- To play a key role in the restoration of the social conscience in the fabric of society