Helping Plano, TX residents who are homeless due to COVID-19.
The Volunteers of America Texas Home Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) Program provides rental assistance and housing help to residents in Plano, TX who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Household at or below 60% of the Area Median Income for the Dallas Metro Statistical Area (MSA), as determined by HUD. See Appendix B for current limits;
- Financially impacted by COVID-19
- Has resided in Plano for a minimum of 90 days; or
- Currently resides in a shelter or temporary living situation outside of Plano and can document loss of permanent housing in Plano after March 1, 2020;
- Currently homeless (living outside, in a car, in a shelter, or in a hotel paid for by a charitable organization), or losing current housing within 14 days
- Applicant household must have an initial consultation with a case manager and be willing to meet with that case manager at least monthly during their participation in the program.
- Households are not eligible for TBRA if they are receiving rental assistance under another Federal, state or local rental assistance program
HUD 60% Income Limits
- 1 person - $36,240
- 2 person - $41,400
- 3 person - $46,560
- 4 person - $51,720
- 5 person - $55,860
- 6 person - $60,00
- 7 person - $64,140
- 8 person - $68,280
- Housing Support
- Intake and assessment
- Rental assistance
- Assistance with housing applications
- Assistance with referrals and other services to achieve housing stability”
- Information and training regarding tenants’ rights and responsibilities
- Education and assistance around landlord-tenants’ rights and responsibilities
- Mediation and negotiation with landlords
- Head over to voatx.org/help-the-homeless and download the full application package at the bottom of the webpage
- This form is a PDF Fillable form and can be completed on your computer or you can print, fill it out by hand and email it back to us.
- To submit your completed application, please email it to the following email address: email@example.com
- We are located at 2600 K Avenue Suite 133, Plano, TX 75074
- Physical copies of our application may be found outside our our office door, along with a locked drop box where you can return your completed application for review.
- If you need further assistance with the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with our housing case manager.
2600 K. Avenue, Ste. 133 | Plano, TX 75074 | (817)-905-4479 | EMAIL
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities and language assistance will be made available for persons with limited English proficiency. Please request reasonable accommodation or language assistance from the program administrator.